This very compact, lightweight bag has a wide temperature range of use. Sleep soundly from 59°F to 77°F (15° to 25°C) w/ these 2 3/4 zippers w/ double slider to manage the temp: tailored ventilation.
What are the limit temperatures for usage?
Limit temperature: temperature limit at which the user of the sleeping bag in huddled-up position is generally in thermal equilibrium and is neither cold nor hot (determined for a standard man under normal conditions of use). We recommend using an insulation mattress to optimize your thermal comfort.
This sleeping bag is lined with synthetic insulation to ensure its performance even in wet conditions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TEMPERATURE
A sleeping bag does not produce heat but retains the heat produced by the body. If you are tired and cold and you slip inside a cold, damp sleeping bag, it is very likely that you will feel cold no matter how good your sleeping bag is! During the night, your thermal comfort will therefore depend not only on climatic conditions (humidity, wind, etc.) but also on your physical condition, your equipment (mattress, etc.) and your clothing (wool underwear, etc.)
For greater comfort, before getting into your sleeping bag
- Dress simply (1 layer of clothing is enough) Warm up your extremities: Use hats, gloves, socks, bed warmers, rubbing, etc.
- A flask filled with hot water can be used as a foot or bed warmer (so long as there’s no chance of it opening by accident!)
- Contract your muscles (70% of the energy consumed is converted into heat) but without making any movement generating a cold airstream. Use a sleeping bag liner to maximize the heat and hygiene inside your sleeping bag.
- A generous mummy shape that is wide at the shoulders and narrow at the feet to optimize thermal insulation (no heat loss) and make the product more compact, while maintaining some freedom of movement.
- Shoulder width 27.6″, height at feet 12.6″ in size L, 24.4″/11″ in S, 26″/11.8″ in M, 29.1″/13.4″ in XL
- Ergonomic hood and drawstring
- 2 double-slider side zippers so that it can be opened at the sides. You can therefore manage the entry of cool air and mechanically ventilate your bag
Weight and dimensions
- Size S 1.3 lbs, user up to 5’3″ Bag dimensions: L 10.6″ Ø 4.9″. 3.3 liter volume.
- Size M 1.4 lbs, users from 5’3″ to 5’7″ tall. Bag dim.: L 10.6″ Ø 5’3″. 3.9 liter volume.
- Size L 1.5 lbs, user from 5’7″ to 6′ tall. Bag dim.: L 10.6″ Ø 5.7″. 4.5 liter volume.
- Size XL 1.6 lbs, user 6’1″ to 6’7″. Bag dim.: L 10.6″ Ø 6.1″. 5.1 liter volume.
Volume and dimensions may vary according to the compression applied to the product.
Size and thermal insulation:
The weight, volumes, and sizes may vary slightly owing to production tolerances.
Try your sleeping bag before buying it to choose the right size for your comfort. The point of a mummy-shaped sleeping bag is to optimize the insulation/weight/volume ratio. Indeed, with a bag that fits close to the body, you will have less volume to heat (saving your energy). Conversely, this type of bag can limit your freedom of movement, especially when the zippers are closed.
- Can be twinned with all the Forclaz Trek 500 sleeping bag models.
- Can be twinned with the older models in the 2017 “Ultralight” and 2018 “Light” ranges.
- Padding : 100.0% Polyester cationic
- Main fabric : 100.0% Polyester cationic
- Carry bag : 100.0% Polyester cationic
- Lining : 100.0% Polyester cationic
- Optimal temperature : Comfort temperature 59°F/15°C, limit temperature 50°F/10°C. Synthetic fill.
- Easy to transport : Size L: weight 1.5 lbs. 4.5 liter volume. Compression bag.
- Sleeping comfort : Very comfortable mummy shape.2 x 3/4 zippers with double slider for ventilation.
- Ecodesign : We dye every other thread to reduce water consumption
- Compatibility : Can be twinned with other models from the Forclaz Trek 500 range.
- Water repellent : Water-repellent fabric to optimize the thermal performance of your sleeping bag.